- Soak the oatmeal in the 1/4 cup of water overnight, or for approximately 8 hours.
- Blend the water and oatmeal in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat, but do not boil, the milk in a pot. Once heated pour the milk into clean a glass jar.
- Slowly heat the honey, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter and emulsifying wax in a double boiler. Stir continuously.
- Slowly pour the melted oil mixture into the glass jar with the milk, stirring constantly with a sterilized spoon. (I sterilize the spoon in the boiling water of the double boiler.) Continue stirring until the two mixtures are combined.
- Add the citric acid and the oatmeal water mixture. Stir vigorously until everything is combined.
- Add the vitamin E and the essential or fragrance oils, and stir until blended.
- Continue to stir the mixture every 5-10 minutes as it cools, which takes about an hour. The mixture will turn a milky white color and become thicker as it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy the luxurious effects of camel milk lotion, right at home!
(Inspiration adapted from Chuck Purcello & Nicole Gagliardi)