Classic macaroni and cheese, a tasty snack or side dish, especially for the kiddos. Kids and college students might settle for pre made macaroni sprinkled with cheese powder, but it is no comparison to homemade baked macaroni and cheese. Additionally, what better way to improve the culinary value than using some camel milk.
The DromeDairy™ Classic Mac & Cheese
-Block of cheese (your choice of brand, I tend to go with healthier reduced fat brands)
-½ tablespoon of salt
-½ tablespoon of pepper
-2 cups of DromeDairy Naturals® camel milk
-16oz package of elbow macaroni
-2 tablespoons of butter or ghee
-2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1. Shred your own block of cheese. That way you can use healthier cheese options and improve the flavor profile. Use a grater or food processor.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
3. Microwave 2 cups of DromeDairy Naturals® camel milk for a 1 ½ minutes.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet, medium heat (sometimes i use ghee).
5. Then ad 2 tablespoons of flour to the skillet and whisk for 1 minute.
6. Add warm milk and whisk for 5 minutes or until thick.
7. Add ½ tablespoon of salt, ¼ tablespoon of black pepper and 1 cup of your shredded cheese.
8. Add ½ a package of 16oz elbow macaroni pasta and stir.
9. Scoop into a separate baking dish and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Just like that you are left with a delicious homemade macaroni dish. It’s delicious, healthy and the kids are sure to enjoy it. Certainly much better than the prepackaged macaroni you can buy at the local grocery. Please enjoy!